Delhi girl to bludgeoned death with iron rod in Malviya Nagar park, murderer cousin arrested

Delhi girl to bludgeoned death with iron rod in Malviya Nagar park, murderer cousin arrested

28th July 2023 0 By Chanditiya Chakravarthy
Share If You Like The Article

The 28-year-old man bludgeoned his cousin to death as her family rejected his marriage proposal. 

NEW DELHI: A 22-year-old girl was found dead on a bench at Vijay Mandal Park at Shivalik A block of Malviya Nagar in the national capital, Delhi Police informed on Friday. 

The Delhi police have arrested her cousin, Irfan (28) who allegedly killed the girl by hitting her head with an iron rod. 

After committing the crime, the accused fled the spot, leaving the murder weapon behind. 

Delhi police who arrived at the spot based on receiving the information, recovered the body of the girl and sent it for an autosy examination.

“We received information that a 25-year-old girl was found dead near Aurbindo College in south Delhi’s Malviya Nagar. An iron rod was found near her body. Our preliminary investigation suggests that the girl may have been struck with the rod. Further investigation is underway,” DCP South, Chandan Chowdhary, told ANI.

The iron rod has been also recovered from the crime spot, the police informed further, adding that an investigation was underway.

According to the police, the 22-year-old girl and her family rejected the marriage proposal of the accused, Irfan as he was earning the bare minimum. Irfan worked as a delivery boy. 

Police said, On Friday morning Irfan asked the girl to come to the Vijay Mandal Park to talk. When the girl arrived at the spot, he allegedly bludgeoned her to death with an iron rod he was hiding. 

Meanwhile, the chairperson of the Delhi Commission for Women, Swati Maliwal, took note of the incident and tweeted, “In a posh locality like Malviya Nagar, a girl was beaten to death with a rod. Delhi is extremely unsafe. It doesn’t matter to anyone. Only in newspaper reports, the names of girls are changed, and the crimes do not stop.”

A few minutes after the incident, the Delhi police arrested the accused. Further investigations are underway in the case. 

Share If You Like The Article